Chillicothe Municipal Utilities

Refuse Service - Frequently Asked Questions

Your Community Owned Utility
cmu014002.jpg
The fifty cent or dollar bags you pay for include more than the cost of the bag and also provides a method of charging customers based on volume they set out for weekly pickup. The CMU orange bags generate 40% of the revenue needed to cover expenses of providing refuse service to residential customers of Chillicothe. The other 60% comes from the monthly fee on your utility bill.
Why do the CMU orange bags cost more than other brands of trash bags?
Residential Truck Trash & Paper Compartments
Compartment for other recyclables
Trash & Recyclables at the curb
CMU Refuse Truck
cmu017001.jpg